Q1. In order to entertain and impress an out-of-town business associate, you made dinner reservations at Pearl-Continental, a prestigious five star hotel known to cater business clientele. Your reservations were for 8pm on December 28, you and your guest arrived promptly. Your table, however, was not ready, and you kept waiting for an hour and fifteen minutes. Intermittent inquiries were received by the head waiter with rude indifference. Consequently, your guest became extremely annoyed with the hotel as well as with you. Write an appropriate complaint letter to the hotel management. (Pearl-Continental Hotel
, Shahrah-e-Quaid-e-Azam, 983 Mall Road, Lahore) (FULL BLOCK FORMAT) (10)
Q2. Choose the correct option. (5)
- Which of the following descriptions best describes the claim letter?
- Letters about complaints are called claim letters.
- The inauguration letter is called a claim letter.
- A short letter about official inquiry is called a claim letter.
- All the above
- An adjustment letter is:
- Letter to adjust employees
- Request for a response
- Reply to a complaint
- Response to an inquiry
- Usually adjustment letter is written when:
- The customer is at fault.
- The company is at fault.
- Either company or customer is at fault.
- All of the above
- A collection letter should always be:
- In a solicited letter:
- The organization is invited to respond to the sales message.
- The customers visit the company by their choice.
- The quality assurance is asked for.
- None of the above